Sundays are a great time to get some baking on and I just love the Cloud Cheesecake I made before, recipe can be found here:
Because I love Matcha Green Tea so much, I thought there has to be a way to make a Matcha Green Tea version.
And Yes, when there is a will there is a way and it tastes SO good. Even better than the original one!
The great thing is, if you’ve made the Gluten Free Cloud Cheesecake before – there’s only 3 extra steps!
3 Egg Yolks
125g Cream Cheese
30g Castor Sugar
60g Milk (I used Lite but best to use Full Cream Milk)
30g Corn Starch
2tsp Lemon Juice
3 Egg Whites
1/2tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
50g Castor Sugar
1tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Melt the Cream cheese with sugar and oil in a double boiler
- When melted, add the milk and whisk until its smooth
- Whisk in the Egg yolks, one at a time
- Add the corn flour
- Add the lemon/lime juice
- (MAKING THE MERINGUE) In a separate bowl, beat egg whites
- Add the 50g sugar and beat with egg whites until soft peaks form
- Add one third of the meringue
- Fold gently to combine
- Keep adding the other two thirds until the meringue is all used up
- (THIS IS THE ADDITIONAL STEP) – Split the mixture into two portions, one will be used for the Matcha Green Tea portion
- In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon to the Matcha powder (Best to sieve it first), once that powder has been dissolved, add it to one of the portions. Mix the portion until it is green
- Pour the 2-3 spoonfuls batter into a pan (at least 18cm in diameter)
- Tap the pan to get rid of any air bubbles
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 150 degree Celsius for 85 minutes in a water bath.
- Eat and Enjoy!